CALLIGRAPHY



This was my reference photo for my Calligraphy project. I wish that I used a better and more planned out photo. I chose this photo because I thought that my hair would work well and it had gave me problems on other assignments. 


This was originally what I had and I can confidently say that this was my least favorite assignment. I struggled with what seemed like a relatively simple task and completely overcomplicated it every step of the way. My hair was an absolute NIGHTMARE and at first I tried to singularly do every strand of hair as a sentence... I soon realized that this was not possible... I do think it adds nice and necessary detail to the piece.



After presenting in class I was upset with the work that I presented. Instead of sitting around I decided to try and fix it. I realized that if I took away instead do more I could actually make the piece better and more appealing. I made some tweaks and ended up with what you see above. Although this assignment was easily my least favorite I believe this taught me the most about myself, because when I failed I did not stop I instead tried to better myself and the assignment. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cyclops

BLACK AND WHITE TO COLOR

AUTOSCOPY