AUTOSCOPY

 This assignment was probably the most cathartic assignment I worked on. The goal of the Autoscopy was to take a picture of yourself and to express something deep and personal to you. My beginning photo was definitely an interesting choice, most prominently because the lack of detail on my face. But this was an artistic choice and was necessary to the message I was trying to send.

This is my autoscopy I used an image of a brain scan of someone with Alzheimers. The reasoning for this is because I have a family history of Alzheimers and it has been something difficult that I have had dealt with in the past. This is also something that  myself might have to deal with later in life. Like death the idea of being forgotten and forgetting is difficult to process. Since I couldn't put my fear and anxiety into words I decided to put it into this piece. 




After completing my Autoscopy the assignment called to experiment with exporting the image as a GIF. I made many different versions that I thought were visually striking and this was what I came up with.





This assignment came at an important time for me and it was a great, although tough, experience.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cyclops

BLACK AND WHITE TO COLOR